GovPoint Cloud Services is an infrastructure-as-a-service hybrid cloud offer operating with a FedRAMP P-ATO issued by the Joint Authorization Board (JAB) giving you a common platform to extend your data center to the cloud. Because vCloud Government Service is based
on the same award-winning technology used by so many US federal agencies today - vSphere - it gives you the flexibility to seamlessly run new and existing applications in the cloud, on premise, or both.
GovPoint Cloud Services is an isolated community cloud designed to allow US government agencies and customers operating under a FedRAMP mandate to move sensitive workloads to the cloud while adhering to the compliance and regulatory requirements under which they operate.
Typical use cases for vCloud Government Service might include:
- Expanding capacity without additional capital expenditure
- Extending critical applications to the cloud to scale out
- Next generation cloud-native and mobile applications
- Using the cloud for disaster recovery and backup solutions
- Q/A, development and testing functions (a lab in the cloud)